I am a trained production thrower and qualified bilingual teacher living in Gwynedd. I have my own studio producing a range of functional ware
and decorative homewares. My work is inspired by ‘environmental patterns’ (both natural and manmade) However it is the sea and sea shore that is constantly referenced in my work.
2002-2004 Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor,
2005, Additional PGCE unit, Counselling and Guidance.
- BTEC National Diploma Studio Ceramics.
1998-1999 Royal Forest of Dean College,
Gloucestershire (Run by Alistair Young and Jack Doherty)
- BACS Hons Art and Design. 2:1
- 2002 – present- Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor, Ffordd Ty'n Y Coed, Dolgellau.
I work part time, teaching ceramics bilingually in a local FE college.
I take part in the programming and running of a variety of different vocational and academic courses. I have had the experience of teaching on a variety of different courses including local youth groups, special educational needs students and special behavioural
needs students. I have also run evening classes in Ceramics designed for adults from the wider community.
- 1999 – 2002- Whichford Pottery, Whichford, Shipston on Stour,Warwicksire.
Whichford pottery is a successful world renowned pottery, specialising in high quality frost proof terracotta garden pots. As part of the team at Whichford I was an apprentice production thrower, making amongst other designs the Highgrove
Estate pots and Royal Horticulture Society pots. I was also a kiln technician, taking charge of the three large gas fired kilns; I ran several successful Saturday workshops and I also had the opportunity to work in Hook Norton pottery making their range of
- 1997-1998- Conderton Pottery, Conderton, Gloucs.
- 1996 & 1997- Winchcombe Pottery, Winchcombe, Gloucs.
Additional work experience.
- 2020- Criw Celf-Robot Workshop- Betws y Coed
- 2017- Gweithdy Iard/ iard workshop-
- 2017- Criw Celf Bach/ Criw Celf Fawr- Oriel Ynys Mon
- 2017- Criw Celf Conwy- Betws y Coed
- 2016- Criw celf- Clay fish workshop.
- 2015- Great Pottery Throw Down (BBC Programme)
I was selected to be a contestant on the BBC 2 Programme and made it as far as the semi final episode.
- 2020- Gobaith/ Hope Exhibition Oriel Ty Meirion
- 2019- Ceramic Wales
- 2019- Pots in the Pens
- 2018- November- Oriel Ty Meirion 'Land and Sea'
- 2018- August- Pots in the Pens- Penrith
- 2018-July- Cerameg Cymru/ Ceramic Wales
- 2018-June- Aberystwyth Arts Centre- Lan Y Mor (mixed exhibition)
- 2017- September- Cerameg Cymru/ Ceramic Wales, Wrexham
- 2017- August- Potfest in the Pens, Penrith
- 2017- June- ICF
International Ceramics Festival, Aberystwyth
- 2016- November- ‘Made by Hand’ Caerdydd
- 2016- September- ‘Ceramic Wales’ Wrexham
- 2016- May – August Theatre Clwyd Showcase
- 2015- Crefft Nadolig Yr
Neuadd, Harlech, Gwynedd.
- 2014- Helfa Gelf- North Wales open studios.
- 2013- Helfa Gelf- North Wales open studios.
- 2006. ‘Crefft Nadolig’ Yr Neuadd, Harlech, Gwynedd.
'Arlunwyr Lleol’ Yr Neuadd Pentre, Bontddu. The work of four local artists.
- 2005. 'Celf yn yr Llan' Llanddwywe Church, Dyffryn Ardudwy.
Current Retail Outlets
- Oriel Mostyn, Llandudno
- Oriel Plas Glyn y Weddw- Llanbedrog
- Luvit- Barmouth
I have also undertaken a variety of different private commissions and my work is for sale via my
website and local outlets.